Intro to faux wood painting: Two course combo
|✅||Get a solid foundation to build on as you learn this valuable art form|
Transform your graining and expand your artistic skills overall
|✅||Create gorgeous, realistic faux wood projects of any kind|
|✅||Experienced grainers will gain new, valuable perspective & skills|
Course 1. Faux Curly Maple with Lapis Lazuli Inlay Box Project
I take you on a journey via narrated video plus eBook with text and image instruction, from choosing an object to paint all the way to final clear coat, and all points in between.
Curly Maple is one of the great faux woods, highly sought after for fine furniture, high end auto interiors and much more.
Lapis Lazuli is a gorgeous, rich semi-precious stone and this technique is totally realistic.
The inlay skills (aka marquetry) can be applied to any finish.
What you’ll learn
- “Curly” Maple technique
- Faux Lapis Lazuli: Gorgeous semi-precious stone
- Every detail for brushes, tools and materials you’ll need
- Project preparation: Priming, sanding, masking, base coating…
- Design options: Layout, color, lettering and more valuable design concepts
- Inlay method: Masking film application and cutting, stenciling…
- Project ideas for other objects to apply the finishes on
Course 2. American Black Walnut Faux Woodgrain
The skills you’ll acquire from American Black Walnut also apply to woods like Oak, Maple, Cherry and many more, making this wood is a great foundation for graining.
Walnut is a gorgeous hardwood, highly sought after by designers and woodworkers, so it’s a favorite of professional faux finishers and their clients.
This faux wood painting course will give you foundational knowledge for my more advanced courses.
What you’ll learn
- Crystal clear, No guess work: Every detail of tool, brush and material use explained
- Hi-Res images and Step-By-Step Text
- Every stage is covered: From primer to gorgeous grain to final clear coats
- Faux wood paint color mixing demonstrated in video and detailed instruction
- Highly desirable figure features like “curly” and “fiddle”
- Secrets of close-focus, highly detailed faux wood for mind bending realism
- Printable quick reference guide included for at-a-glance details on colors, tools and materials
“I’m really grateful to you for sharing your knowledge as I couldn’t have done it without your excellent books and videos!
Although I’m an artist and have worked in glazes prior to this, your system was so easy to follow and made this project a breeze!
Thanks again for your Perfect Woodgrain course. The step-by-step process was as if you were teaching me one-on-one.”
~ Debra W. Faux Finisher specializing in historic home restoration
Load the eBooks, and watch the videos on your Android tablet, iPad and laptop for easy access in the studio or on the job.
The eBooks are both in-depth learning tools and quick reference guides for fast answers in the studio or on the job.
PDF eBooks are the easiest to load and open for frustration-free viewing.
Creative and technical support
Boost your mastery of graining with one-on-one help from me.
We’ll focus on how you’ll be using the skill (cars, faux finishing, wood working, crafts…)
Everybody learns differently and my students ask unique questions about faux finishing, car painting, color matching, business, customer relations…
Sometimes I have to dig deep into my resources and experience to find the answers.
I get to pass that new knowledge on in the next version of the course (version upgrades are free, by the way).
Course access details
All courses will be delivered to your inbox upon sign up.
The eBooks will be on your computer and you can access the videos any time online.
You can study at your own pace, in the privacy of your own studio or workshop.
You’ll have access to support via a private email address immediately upon sign up.